Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) focuses on digital access and inclusion for the more than one billion people with disabilities and impairments. It is marked annually on the third Thursday of May.
This year, VisAbility’s Accessible Information Services team in collaboration with the Centre for Accessibility will be conducting a free “digital access” seminar/workshop on this day, Thursday 16th May 2019 at VisAbility from 9.30am -12.00pm AWST. The seminar/workshop will cover key concepts about digital, web and document accessibility, screen reader demonstration and how to create an accessible word document and converting this to an accessible PDF.
The free workshop includes:
- a demonstration of screen reader and screen magnifier software
- creating accessible word documents
- make social media more accessible
- introduction to Internet of Things (IOT)
- information on the impacts of IOT for people with print disabilities and
- practical solutions.
Please note that reservations are mandatory and there are limited spaces available. You can register via GAAD Eventbrite page.